Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ideas from the Ace

Here's some inspiration from the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, via the LA Times.

I love the canvas covered walls here -- a definite safari vibe. They also use them for draping the modern sliding glass doors onto private patios.

The greatest towel hooks ever. I may do this in my new upstairs bath.

I'm predicting the foundry cart coffee table will become the first cliche of all this industrial nostalgic design -- is it just me or would it really hurt to knock your shin on one of these?

All the Ace Hotels are wonderful -- I'm surprised I haven't featured any of them yet. I will rectify that in the future, however.

6 comments:

Chair said...

My mom and step-dad had one of those heavy carts as a coffee table. It looks fantastic but, yes, it hurts like crazy to run into one. :)

Laurel said...

I wonder how they keep the canvas clean. They must have to launder it or something.

ann at greenoak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann at greenoak said...

love your site and plan to put a link to it on my blog....the interior shots especially and the fun ones, like the bug in the soap!!!
we do steampunk out here in corn country too....
hot here is metal containers, like wire baskets...and anything good looking thats big and wierd and metal... like hospital guerneys...
i sell little steampunk parts to artists on my etsy.. www.gypsymarket.etsy.com

AMY said...

I'd let my chins take a beating for one of those tables!

Unknown said...

Yeah, the cart thing is a tough one. I'm doing my place right now and trying to decide whether or not to use that one I have. It's sort of cool, but even before reading the cliche comment I'd been wondering about the vintage industrial "me-too" feel of it....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin